Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Vino-lok doing big things?


I can't believe that I haven't came across these before. In my opinion, they could be a wonderful hybrid alternative to the traditional cork and the Stelvin screw cap. They are produced by a German company called Closure Systems International. I have been hearing that they are mostly only used for German and Austrian wines so far. I feel that with the quality of cork being produced falling due to an ever increasing worldwide production of wine we are going to keep seeing an increase in cork taint. The screw caps, while efficient and cheap, just aren't all that aesthetically pleasing. These glass stoppers seem to be a wonderful alternative. Plus, they look so damn cool. I am definitely looking forward to coming across these and it's looking like I'm gonna have to buy some wine from the Deutschland in order to peep em out in person.

No comments: