Monday, July 14, 2008

First Post for Y'all!!!!!

Hey everyone,
My name's Andrew. I am a wine enthusiast just like I hope you are if you're checking out my blog. I am going to be attending the Sonoma State wine business program in the fall, so I thought I might be a good person to create a unique star out there in the blogosphere. I grew up skewed perception of wine like most of the members of my generation. We grew up seeing it as a beverage reserved for the elderly, wealthy, and pretentious folks. While, it can be all of these things, it can also be so much more. I see wine as a beverage that binds the galaxy together. Coming from a horticulture background I love all of the nuances that terroir can provide as well as the variance that comes from year to year. I am in awe of the masterful blending that vintners go through to put their works of art on our table. I feel that I've finally arrived home and look forward to many years in the wine business working to bring you (as well as myself hehe) the best wines from around the world as well as hopefully working to help the wine industry work more in conjunction with nature as these times of environmental pressures fall upon us. I plan on writing reviews, diatribes on trends and events in the industry, and whatever else I feel needs to be said. I got my work cut out for me, but that's the way I like it. With that said I would like to wish everyone out there a mighty CHEERS!!!!! and get to work getting some fresh content up!!

No comments: